Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rant on designing

Hey hey, Jay here.

As most of you know I am not the type of guy who regularly designs iPhone Apps.  I make the backend, strictly working with Objective C (xcode) to get the program functioning.  I understand the value in making things look pretty but it is NOT my thing.

So I thought maybe I should train myself.  I picked up a copy of Photoshop CS4 and a book to follow along.  I get the basic interface, but for the life of me it is quite difficult to get the hang of everything.  I now know I am not a designer.  But can I even design a simple user interface that looks even slightly beautiful?  Well, today I tried it out.  Following some tutorials (btw, no good video tutorials on iPhone App desiging...get to work designers).

I was lightweight successful, I found a really cool resource that really helped with designing.  Check it out, its a .psd file (photoshop layered file) with highly used iPhone app vectors:

but for now, I know that I am not the best designer out there.  Anyone got any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment